Spaghetti has been one of my favorite food since I was a kid. As you know, I’m a bit of a snob who really only loves my Great Grandma Reith’s recipe. During my Social Supper days, I did make a baked spaghetti recipe that I really enjoyed. Although this isn’t exactly the same recipe, I thought it turned out pretty good. I hope you enjoy this spin on a classic recipe.
Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti from Pinterest
12 oz. spaghetti, cooked
1 lb. ground beef
1 (28 oz.) jar marinara sauce
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 clove garlic
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
Brown ground beef. Add marinara sauce. In a separate pan, cook spaghetti. Pour into bowl. Add cream cheese, seasoning, and garlic. Stir until cream cheese is melted. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 pan. Pour a little of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the pan. Top with spaghetti mixture. Pour remaining sauce onto of spaghetti. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- I halved the recipe and baked in my bubble and brown dish.
- I used chopped garlic from a jar.
- I used spreadable light cream cheese to make it melt easier.
- You could omit the beef for my vegetarian friends. For my non-vegetarian friends, you could use ground sausage to make it more like a Cavatina recipe.
- Fresh basil would be a great addition.
You may have started wondering if I was still writing this blog. The answer is yes but I’ve been busy. I recently started a new job – as a volunteer manager. It’s a crazy busy time of the year and I’m learning a new job so it’s been keeping me pretty busy. In addition to my new job, I am still working at the hotel. I also have some blogs I need to write for another nonprofit agency. Until my life settles into my “new normal”, this blog will have to hold you over for a little while til I have more time to bake than just throwing a frozen pizza in the oven. It’s times like this when I wonder how people juggle work, family, and still have the energy to do fun things.
I’m super excited to share this recipe with you because it is just four ingredients. It’s a super easy and very delicious dessert.
Chocolate Dump Cake from Pinterest
1 box of chocolate cake
1 box chocolate pudding
1 3/4 c. milk
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
Mix milk and pudding. Add box of cake mix and stir. Pour into 9 x 13 pan. Scatter with chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- I used sugar free pudding. I think you could also use a sugar free cake to make it healthier.
- I used skim milk and it still turned out fluffy. I think I cooked it for 25 minutes to prevent it from burning.
- I also cut the amount of chocolate chips to 3/4 c. and it still had a great chocolate flavor.