If you have followed my blog since the beginning, then you may have seen another Doritos recipe. This recipe is a little different and uses chicken instead of ground beef. I also made it a little healthier with some simple substitutions.
Crumble Doritos and sprinkle of the bottle of a lightly greased 13 x 9 pan. In a bowl, mix chicken, sour cream, salsa, soup, and a cup of cheese. Pour over Doritos. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cover with remaining cup of cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- I halved the recipe and baked it in my bubble and brown dish.
- I grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast. Rotisserie chicken would have also been good.
- I used fat free sour cream. You could substitute non-fat Greek yogurt.
- I used the healthy choice Cream of Chicken Campbell’s soup. You could also use the fat free version.
- I made my salsa using Wildtree Fiesta Salsa mix and a can of reduced sodium diced tomatoes. You could also use a can of Rotel or fresh tomatoes.
- You could use Baked Doritos for the base of this recipe.
- I used 2% cheddar cheese for the topping and fat free cheddar cheese in the chicken mixture.
- A Mexi-corn mixture or black beans would make a great veggie addition.