I work seven days a week so it is always a present surprise to get two un-requested days off from my part-time job. When I didn’t request it, the welcomed days off allow me to cook up a few new recipes. I loved this recipe so much that I had to put the leftover immediately in the fridge to prevent me from eating too many.
Thaw tater tots in the microwave. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and place three in tots per cup. Smash down with a fork or glass bottom. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with breakfast meat. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Pour eggs over each cup. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Let it sit for a few minutes and run a knife around the edge of each cup.
- I lined each of muffin cup with a silicone muffin cup. My muffins popped right out and no messy clean-up.
- I used mini-tots. If you do that, make sure you put four in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- I used pre-cooked bacon and Carl Budding ham in my muffins. But you could easily use diced peppers, sausage, spinich, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, basil, zucchini, etc.
- I used skim milk and regular eggs. Again, you can make it healthier using egg substitute or egg whites.
- I used 2% cheese but you could probably use fat-free cheese and not have any weird melting issues.
- I halved the recipe and only made six cups.