If you make a turkey for Christmas, here is a recipe I made using leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. If you don’t have turkey, I am sure you could easily substitute chicken. I thought it was delicious.
Heat broth to a boil. Add salt, onion, carrots, and pepper. Add frozen noodles and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 10 minutes. Add flour and milk. Cook until juices are somewhat reduced and slightly thinned. Add meat. Cool slightly before serving.
- Freezer recipe – Just thaw and reheat at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- I used dry egg noodles. It worked just as well and was cheaper to purchase.
- I used reduced sodium chicken broth. You could make your own with the leftover turkey bones. You could also use 2 parts broth/1 part water to reduce cost.
- I used skim milk. It had to cook a little longer to thicken but it worked.
- I used frozen carrots.
- I add a couple of celery stalks. I think you could also had some spinach to this recipe.