A few ago weeks, I was going through my Pinterest account looking for some new recipes. This is a new one we tried and really liked. I hope you like it took.
Smothered Bacon Ranch Chicken Penne Pasta from Laugh with Us Blog
One package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 lb. chicken breast
2 garlic cloves
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. penne pasta, cooked and drained
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 package ranch seasoning mix
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. water
In a large bowl, mix garlic, ranch seasoning, cream of chicken, sour cream, pepper, and water. Place chicken in Crockpot and cover in sauce. Cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high. About 30 minutes before it’s done, add cooked pasta and bacon.
- I used reduced sodium cream of chicken soup and light sour cream.
- I substituted a spiral pasta.
- Instead of mixing in the bacon, I cooked half a package and just sprinkled on top with parsley.
Thanks to Dan Quayle, does anyone else have a fear of misspelling potato/potatoes every time they write it? Maybe it’s just me since I was in elementary school when that infamous news story broke. I also spent way more time watching news at as a kid than most children. I remember how exciting it was to go to journalism school and find a bunch of other media geeks.
This is another one of my Pinterest recipe finds. Although these potatoes are quite tasty, I don’t know that they are as addictive as the author named them. I think my mother’s recipe for cheesy hashbrown potatoes are better. But it was nice to try something a little different.
2 (16 oz.) containers of sour cream
2 c. cheddar cheese
2 (3 oz. bags) of bacon bits
2 packages of powder ranch dressing mix
1 large (30 oz.) bag of hash browns, shredded
Combine the first four ingredients. Add hash browns. Pour into a 13 x 9 pan and bake for 45-60 minutes at 400 degrees.
- I used one light and one fat free sour cream containers.
- I used half 2% cheddar cheese and half fat free cheese.
- I bake three slices of low sodium bacon for this recipe. That’s less than the recipe calls for.
- I halved the recipe and baked it in my bubble and brown casserole dish. It still took 60 minutes to cook.